Wednesday 16 May 2007

Risk

Risk is the factor that many people dare not take the plunge in life. They worry about what lies ahead and dare not step out of their boundaries or comfort zones. It is natural because in life, losing is always more painful than gaining. But, as the saying goes, "No pain, no gain!"

I've been deeply inspired by the following quote.

"The main thing is to always know that nothing in life is too hard. You never know until you give it a go." - Mark Inglis

Mark Inglis is the first double amputee to summit Mount Everest. I had the honour to meet him when he came to promote the show "Everest: Beyond the Limit" by Discovery Channel in Singapore while I was helping out at the event.

I hope that I can also put aside fears and risks and pursue my dreams. Will told me today that he remembered I had the characters of doing whatever I wanted. I wonder where all the courage went to. I think too much these days.

But, I shall keep remembering Mark Inglis' words and be fearless.

No comments: