Monday 28 May 2007

The wedding

The wedding that I anticipated finally took place. Just to clarify, it was Joleen's wedding.

The preparation started the night before and the poor Teochew bride had to wake up at 4am for the makeup etc. I don't think any other dialect group's bride needs such an early rise. Naturally, the maids-of-honour too had to be ready early. In fact, we did not sleep at all the night before. So, the rest of the day was to me, tiring and very long.

If anything, I don't think I would ever want a traditional Chinese wedding for myself.

In fact, I think weddings are extravagant and for ceremonial's sake. A cosy and intimate celebration with the registration of the marriage should be sufficient. Afterall, a marriage is between the two people who will live together for the rest of their lives.

Anyway, here's sharing some of the photos taken. And yes, I am a little of a rebel against traditions.



Sharing her bliss and happiness with her.Family photo? No... these are just all the cousins, who are like flesh and blood brothers and sisters to one another.


The proudest people of all, Joleen's mum and brother.


Joleen's godparents and god-sister, i.e., my parents and me!


Joleen, at the happiest moment of her life.


The hand bouquet that was handmade by the "sisters".


Each rose on the wrist bands for the maids-of-honour was delicately and skillfully hand sewn on, in the wee hours of the night.







No comments: