Sunday 29 August 2010

Sunday... Son Day... Jesus' Day... Lord's Day

I love Sundays... I think I know why it's called Sunday. Because it's "Son-Day".

God's Beloved Son's Day = Jesus' Day = Lord's Day = Serving Day = Service Day.

Maybe most of you do not know. I serve in the Children Ministry at New Creation Church. Also called Rock Kidz. I love the days when I serve. Although the waking up part is dreadful. Sometimes, I think God has to wake me up - I will wake up shocked that I am going to be late. But everytime I reach and see the sisters serving, I feel glad being there. Everytime I see the children arriving, even the annoying, crying children, I feel a sense of joy. They make me laugh or smile even with their most annoying moments. And everytime I see the child growing, I feel a sense of achievement.

I also think that children are the empty cups amongst us. They are bright, eager to learn and with so much space to learn. Sometimes, I think when I serve, I am like an empty cup too. Although they are learning from me, I am learning a lot from them too!

I like being able to share with the children. Most of all, I learn alot from them. I learn the ability to handle children - I never knew I am able to. I learn I have a sheer amount of patience that I never knew I had - must be God's grace. And I learn a lot about chlidren... and every time I serve, I learn something new - even changing diapers and making milk. Of course, I learn a lot from my fellow sisters serving. I love being able to serve Him and be his blessing unto these children. Everytime I serve, I have this overflowing love, peace and joy. It is an indescribable feeling.

So, on this "Son Day", I had my Fiesta Cheescake in the taxi and was blessed by Elsie with a card of encouragement. Thanks to my awesome leader.

Looking forward to the next "Son-day".


This Fiesta Cheesecake was so light and delicious. Thank God it had a mini size. Otherwise, I'll be worried about the calories I put on.

Awesome card from Elsie. Thanks!




3 comments:

Calvin Ong said...

hello cindy! :D nanged and visited!

Ken Wooi said...

interesting.. what about the other days? =)

cindy said...

Ken... I'll ponder and then blog about them. :p