Tuesday 22 November 2011

What I learnt from Mum's incident...

If there is anything I learnt from my mum's incident, I learnt the importance of insurance.

1. Hospitalisation & Surgery bills can be really hefty. Good to have.
2. An insurance that covers the possibility of loss of ability to work and long-term medical treatments.

I used to want more money so I started with endowment plans. If I could turn back time, I would go straight for an insurance that can cover ill health.

Imagine all you ever wanted is to have a lot of money in your bank. But after saving up hundreds of thousands, for some reason, you become ill health. Then you have to be hospitalised, go through surgery and after that, get a lower paid job, or worse, cannot work. Your income comes to a standstill, yet you have to continue paying to survive.

I think even a mountain of gold will be wiped out in no time. And this is very true after speaking to other patients.

So, I urge those people who are currently young and healthy to think carefully about the long-term future. We will one day grow old and die. Given the kind of lifestyle we lead now - rich food & drink, sedentary lifestyle, stressful work life, late nights and exposure to pollutants, radiation and harmful chemicals in the air, we never know when we would be attacked.

It is always best to prevent. It is also very good to encourage family members to do something for themselves.

Watch yourself, get yourself properly covered and have a lifestyle that loves your body and health. Think of your future generation by being responsible now.

My bestie is a Financial Advisor and Insurance Agent. I have entrusted her to take care of these. So, I know I can rest my mind. I am thankful for an angel like her.

I am also thankful my hubs took responsibility and get himself covered.

No comments: