Thursday 28 April 2011

Letting go...

Disclaimer: This post reflects personal opinons and not a representation of the general audience. Any reference may not be supported by facts and could be purely assumptions. This is afterall my free space to express.
********************************
No... I am not telling you who I am voting for. This shall be a tough decision. I am certainly not a blind follower and I have eyes and mind to see, and a heart to listen.

The parties for my constituency are presenting facts and great solutions for my country. But at the end of the day, I must remember, whoever I choose, the party will be responsible for my neighbourhood. Or of now, my parents' neighbourhood - I have not changed my address. And I need to think about what I would hope for this neighbourhood to be for the next 5 years. What can the party bring to the table for this neighbourhood?

I need to remember that the party may or may not have a strong hold in the parliament. And the big plans for the country do not equate to what they could do for my parents in the future. Yet, I am in favour some of the big plans.

My only hope is, whichever party selected, they would listen to the cries of the citizens and consider the proposals put across by the different parties and improve them. Or else, they may not have the next 5 years. They must know that the people want to be heard. They want actions to be taken. From the flood of thoughts, it is obvious that the nation is maturing.

Being educated, affluent and exposed, they know their rights and desires. I also hope that the elected party will not disappoint. They must remember, the people who elected them, are the people who will be responsible for their choice. If the results disappoint, they will learn. They will correct.

This should be the way people will grow. Democracy can lead to a mature society when people know what they do affect their lives and future. When they have a direct impact of their decision, they will learn and grow.

People cannot be spoon fed and hand held anymore. The higher authorities do not need to worry about us like children. They should keep faith and have confidence in the choice of the people. Afterall, the next election is in 5 years. What's suffering for 5 years if a mistake happens?

So what if at the end of the day, a mistake is made? People complain but they know what to do when the next election comes.

It is good to fail sometimes. To fall sometimes. To learn. This is life. This is experience.

No comments: